Salary:£45000-£55000 Depending on experience
Due to continued success and new contract wins, my client who are a leading Multi Utility provider are looking for an experienced Utility Estimator to join their team on a permanent basis.
Our client provides specialist engineering services across the power, multi-utility and building services sectors within the UK and Ireland. They are a forward thinking and innovative contractor adept at recognising business opportunity, identifying gaps in the market and delivering total solutions that meet the needs and exceed all expectations of their clients.
Responsible for the preparation of all estimates and tender submissions. This will include providing a cost estimate for work projects as part of the bidding process on large projects along with the development of cost estimates by analysing specialist contractors, plant, materials and labour needed to complete projects.
Previous working estimating experience within the Power or Multi-Utility Industries. However, experience across Utility Related Civil Engineering and Construction projects is also acceptable.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Liaison with the client and their professional representatives.
- Management and issue of appropriate enquiries for specialist subcontract/ material supplies.
- Preparation of analytical estimates for work utilising an appropriate software estimating package.
- Maintain cost data base by entering and backing up data.
- Measurement for the production of Bills of Quantities for plan and specification/ design build disciplines.
- Provision of costs for contract preliminary items.
- Preparation of detailed information for hand-over to construction phase teams for successful tenders.
- Preparation of special reports by collecting, analysing and summarizing information and trends
- Experience within Multi-Utility Industry including underground services/infrastructure installations.
- You must be a strong communicator, (written and verbal), together with high level negotiation and analytical skills.
- Ability to work accurately under pressure, multi-tasking, together with the capacity to plan and prioritise workloads in order to meet deadlines.
- Have excellent time management of workflow in order to meet tender deadlines.
- The capacity to delegate, when necessary, to achieve productivity and efficiency outcomes is essential.
- Have the ability to resource tenders in conjunction with the Planning Team
- Have the ability to work with the Planning and Operations Teams to prepare all tender deliverables and compile for submission.
- Have a working knowledge of all Standard Methods of Measurement including CESSM.
- Have a working knowledge of Commercial Contracts and knowledge of Supply Chain Management.
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of relevant software
- Aware of data confidentiality
- Good negotiation and risk assessments skills
Qualifications / Training
- A professional qualification in Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering or similar / related engineering subject
- Working experience as an Estimator or Assistant Estimator level position
- Must have Commercial Awareness
- Good customer Service techniques
- Able to work as part of a team
- Must be organised and can prioritise
The successful candidate must be willing to travel to sites across London & South East and throughout the UK, with occasional overnight stays, as and when required.
Due to the nature of our works, there may be a requirement for Site Management to cover out of hours works i.e. weekends and on some occasion’s nights. Within reason, the successful candidate must be willing to cover out of hours works, where necessary.
N.B., It should also be noted that the above list of principal duties is not necessarily a complete statement of duties and should be considered as for guidance only.
For more information please call Elainn on 0191 3480155 or email email@example.com