My client is a market leading control system integrator, backed by one of the largest engineering companies in the world. Due to aggressive expansion plans they are now looking for a senior robotics engineer join their team. Your primary responsibilities will be:
• Design, simulate, plan and commission over the entire life cycle of projects.
• Comply with company, customer & industry standards.
• Verify process and resource using a variety of simulation technologies.
• Provide detailed documentation and robot programs developed ‘offline’.
• Design and develop cost effective methods to minimise ‘online’ tasks.
• Develop virtual manufacturing techniques.
• Generate and maintain progress / status documentation in accordance with company & customer administrative systems.
• Calibrate work cell components and test offline programs.
• Produce structured and well commented code in accordance with industry best practice.
• Commission robots within a fully automated work cell, working in cooperation with PLC Software & Commissioning personnel.
• Use knowledge and experience to train and develop other members of the team.
My client offers a multi discipline integration service, so you will be required to be involved all the way from the design phase through to commissioning, there will be interaction with project engineers and managers, alongside clients and other sub-contractors during projects. The ideal candidate will have:
• Time served apprenticeship in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering and BTEC / City and and Guilds or
• HNC / HND in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• Controls component knowledge.
Alongside experience of the following:
• Experience in industrial automation in an automotive manufacturing environment
• Experience in Simulation and Offline Programming of robotic automation systems
• Experience in computer aided design
• Fluid and electrical schematic understanding
• RobCAD / Process Simulate / Delmia
• ABB RAPID / Kuka KRL / Fanuc KAREL
• Catia / NX
• Microsoft Excel & Powerpoint.
• Visual Basic / Visual C# beneficial
• EPLAN comprehension