Due to continued success in the Rail Power Supply sector, our client is looking for an experienced Rail Site Manager to join their team on a permanent basis.
This role is site-based however most projects are based in London, Kent and Wessex.
- Assist the Construction Managers to lead, plan, manage and deliver projects safely, to time, within budget and to specification.
- Assist the Construction Manager(s) in the review of all pre-construction and other technical information in order to fully understand the specifications and other deliverable requirements of projects.
- Assist the Construction Manager(s) in the production of a project implementation plan, that includes, timescale deliverables, project resource requirements and project costs.
- Implement the requirements of the Construction Phase Plan on site and assist in the development and approval of core project documentation, e.g Work Package Plans, Task Briefing Sheets and Safe Systems of Work Packs, as required and issue to site.
- Assist the Construction Managers to ensure that project documentation is retained in accordance with the Document Control procedure requirements.
- Liaise with Site Supervisors to ensure that they understand and are completing projects in accordance with company policies and procedures. This covers the completion of a wider range of site documentation as laid out in the associated Roles and Responsibilities RACI chart.
- Carry out site safety inspections as required in line with KPI’s/targets.
- Assist the Construction Managers in attending internal and external meetings in relation to the progress of projects being delivered.
- Assist in the co-ordination of project construction activity, liaise with contractors and sub-contractors alike, to minimise risks that could jeopardise the successful delivery of the project.
- Assist the Construction Managers in completing documentary requirements within the Health and Safety File as part of project hand-back.
- Ensure that a certificate of completion is received from the Client following project hand-back.
- Assist in the investigations into accidents, incidents or close calls within Project Delivery.
- Undertake and develop surveillance and quality inspections through the project lifecycle
- 5+ years railway experience
- Proven technical and construction management abilities, ideally within the Rail Industry
- Implementation and knowledge of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations
- Strong organisational and management skills
- Detailed knowledge of HSQE legislation in respect of project delivery
- Ability to produce Work Package Plans, Task Briefing Sheets and set up safe systems of work in a railway environment
- Driving Licence
- Level C
- HV Competence
- Site Managers Safety Training Scheme or IOSH Managing Safety Qualification
Candidates must be based in the UK and have experience in a similar role in order to be considered for this opportunity.
For more information please contact Elainn on 0191 3480155 or email firstname.lastname@example.org