Salary:£negotiable plus car + excellent benefits
Our client Manufacturers high quality products and systems based in Birmingham.
They are well established and are spread globally around the world with R&D in the USA and Manufacturing sites across Canada, UK, India and China. They are also backed by a $multi-billion Fortune 500 company.
The IT and Cyber Security Manager will be responsible for leading a team of developers, system administrators and associated IT staff in order to deliver and maintain the Business Unit Digital Transformation Strategy.
A fundamental aspect of the role is to ensure that the talent and infrastructure within the business is capable of supporting current and future transformative business objectives, securely.
The successful candidate must have a credible technical background and be able to guide and support the team to deliver their core objectives on multiple fronts. This is a key role within our IT Leadership Team and it is expected that success will be achieved through effective collaboration with our Business Architect, SAAS Manager and Agile Project Manager in order to deliver an ambitious Digital Transformation Strategy. List infrastructure.
Some of the key responsibilities for this successful individual would be but no limited to:
- Effective people management skills to manage and motive the team to deliver core objectives
- Ability to develop and maintain a talent pool aligned to strategic objectives
- Working with the Agile Project Manager, align resources to work programmes and ensure skill gaps are identified and filled
- Deliver core IT SLA,s, managing help desk calls effectively and efficiently, progressing to fault resolution and root-cause identification/elimination
- Implement and maintain Cyber Security framework and policy – to include carrying out regular risk evaluations and tabletop exercises to ensure ongoing compliance
- Manage external suppliers, ensuring contracts, SLAs and costs are effectively controlled
- Manage stakeholder relationships to align expectations to planned delivery
- Plan infrastructure improvement/upgrade work so that it is delivered with quality, on time and to budget
- To undertake equipment asset management and licence management in line with agreed business processes
- To manage and participate in an on-call roster and provide out of hours cover for key business activities
- To observe and comply with all Company policies including but not limited to Health and Safety, Ethics policy, IT Users policy and all policies and appendices within the Contract of Employment.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate within the scope of the role and in line with skills and experience.
The successful Developer will be/have:
- 5 years’ experience of managing/leading an IT team
- 3 years cybersecurity implementation / compliance experience
- Ability to influence team, peers and stakeholders
- Ability to make an impact quickly
- Tenacious and determined to deliver under evolving circumstances
- Cognitive capability to support working within a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Ability to engage at all levels of a business
- £negotiable basic salary – (depending on experience)
- A great working environment at their centrally located office
- Free breakfasts, fresh fruit and tea & coffee
- Pension to help you save for the future.
- Regular team social events
- Training & development
- This is a unique opportunity to be part of a vibrant, agile and growing business.
- Location: Office based – Birmingham.
Please contact for a confidential discussion