Due to continued market success and new long term contract wins, we are looking for a High Voltage Engineer to join our clients’ existing team on a permanent basis.
Our client are an international engineering services contractor operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe. They have become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution.
As Electrical Engineer you will be responsible for the lead technical support on projects, from initial enquiry and tendering right through to construction, commissioning and energisation across all business units. The role will require an adaptable and agile individual who will work with various sections across the entire business, with a particular emphasis on the HV electrical elements of M&E projects. While the role will be primarily focusing on M&E installations and projects, the successful applicant will be part of the transmission and distribution (T&D) engineering team affording them the opportunity to expand their knowledge and experience on electrical installations up to 400kV.
Electrical Engineer Responsibilities
In conjunction with your project team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of a project as follows
- Alterations to working drawings.
- Preparation of design drawings covering all aspects of High & Low voltage equipment.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with members of the design team, contractors and in-house project team on technical and commercial issues.
- Creation of installed drawings and O&M manuals.
- Processing requisitions, generation of purchase orders and confirm delivery to site.
- Seek to clarify queries with the design team through the request for information (RFI) system.
- Attend technical meetings with members of the design team, contractors, and in-house project team.
- Carry out document control, recording & transmitting information.
- Prepare method statements and risk assessments for production activities.
- Organise and assess the work of sub-contractors.
- Carry out Quality Control through inspections and snagging.
- Preparation of test packs for recording the completion of systems.
- Preparation of project schedules, material take offs and out to tender schedules.
- Project Scheduling.
- Assist with the procurement of materials, equipment and services.
- Assist with the preparation of technical documentation for issue of tenders and construction.
- Prepare tender, construction and as-built design drawings using AutoCAD.
- Prepare project programs using MS project.
- Prepare wiring schematics for electrical services such as fire alarm, nurse call, intruder alarm, door access, emergency lighting.
- Carry out lighting design calculations.
- Carry out cable sizing and cable containment sizing calculations.
- Coordination of ‘first fix’ and ‘second fix’ electrical services.
- Assist with documentation for contract variations.
- Assist with commissioning of all systems installed.
- Ensure the adherence to safety and quality standards.
- Ensuring all latest building and electrical design standards and regulations are adhered to.
Necessary requirement of the Electrical Engineer
- 3rd level Qualification in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years engineering design/project management experience on industrial installation projects