Salary:£negotiable base plus excellent benefits
A well-established family ran Services company based in County Durham.
This client has seven companies within the Group and provide services to a range of household name clients across the UK in Commerce and Industry. Turnover approx. £3.5 mill.
They are scaling up and are actively involved with an acquisition presently. As a dynamic business they have staff around the UK. They are personable and passionate about training and developing staff and they have grown a reputation as a company that cares and delivers.
Clients range across Food Manufacturing, NHS to Storage, Distribution and Environmental. By offering in-house services they have created a new position to support the CEO with due diligence on future acquisitions.
If you are keen to make a genuine difference and would like to work in a settled and small performing finance team of four. On boarding at this exciting time means your work will help steer the company towards its overall goals and strategy.
This is an exciting time to join and to use your controller and business partnering experience while mentoring and moulding junior finance members within the team. The office is very personable, relaxed and open plan with music and a pool table.
If you are an experienced finance professional who would like to develop your career and become an integral member of a team, within an exciting, dynamic, and fast-paced environment. Then perhaps this is the role for you. You will sit with a brilliant and collaborative finance team.
Some of the key responsibilities for this successful individual would be, but no limited to:
- Produce monthly management accounts and reports for the management team to assist with key decision-making.
- Margin analysis and supporting financial analysis & commentary.
- Budgeting and forecasting.
- Cash flow management, payment approval, credit control, and cost control.
- Coordinating the management of cash flow, debt, and debt collection.
- Business process reviews/team development and training.
- Support the Budgeting and Forecasting process, while providing solid analysis and deep understanding of performance drivers.
- Weekly/monthly cash-flow reporting.
- VAT and Government returns.
- Work closely with the Directors to support the efficient running of the team within the group.
The successful Financial Controller will be/have:
- An experienced Financial professional with the right attitude
- You may be a qualified accountant or stopped studier or qualified by experience
- OPEN on Industry, but would suit a person from an SME or small Group background
- Strong analytical skills coupled with successful business partnering
- Great attention to detail
- Comfortable working on your own initiative, effectively prioritise and manage workload and meeting tight deadlines
- A strong communicator, able to work with people at all levels
- Decent Excel skills (pivot tables, formulae, lookup tables, ‘if’ statements), comfortable with multi-workbook reporting.
- Experienced in preparing Monthly Management Accounts, processing of month end with an aptitude to move into some strategy work. Balance Sheet, P&L and cash flow forecasting
- Good with VAT management
- If you have exposure to Acquisitions, due diligence work then that would be an advantage but not essential
- Any experience working with Zero would be beneficial, but not essential
- Competitive salary;
- 25 days annual leave, incl. 8 Bank Holidays;
- Pension contribution scheme;
- Flexible working;
- Opportunities for training and development;
- Amazing working environment.
Please contact for a confidential discussion.