Salary:£55,000k - £65,000k base plus excellent benefits plus pension
A VC Backed Start-Up Renewables and Environmental Services company based in Glasgow and Newcastle.
They have developed a breakthrough technology designed to be financially profitable, technically feasible, and good for investors, the environment and the community at large.
Their primary goal has been achieved with the establishment of a flagship plant in Newcastle in 2018. This plant is fully operational and is dispatching sales to customers in the UK and EU.
Research is now focused on developing the technology ready to scale up to the next level.
If you are keen to make a genuine difference and would like to work in an established team within an SME start-up environment and on boarding at this exciting time means your work will help steer the company towards its overall goals and strategy.
This is an exciting time to join and to use your controller and business partnering experience while mentoring and moulding junior finance members within the team.
If you are an experienced finance professional who would like to develop your career and become an integral member of a team, within an exciting, dynamic, and fast-paced environment. Then perhaps this is the role for you. You will sit with a brilliant and collaborative team.
Some of the key responsibilities for this successful individual would be, but no limited to:
- Reporting to the CEO, we are seeking an ambitious Financial Controller/Management Accountant to be responsible for the financial accounts production, with the assistance of an on-site administrator, inclusive of sales and purchasing ledgers, nominal ledger, cashbook, fixed assts, payroll and inventory management;
- Preparation of annual budgets and reporting on a monthly basis against budget;
- Development of operating and financial KPI’s to support management in the running of its Newcastle production operation;
- Maintaining P&L and cash flow forecasts;
- Ad hoc financial analysis required to support capital investment decisions;
- Preparation of files to support the audit of annual financial statements, tax production and grant applications such as R&D tax credits.
The successful Financial Controller will be/have:
- Be a qualified chartered accountant
- With 5-10 years post qualification experience
- Commercial experience in the manufacturing, recycling or waste industry is preferred
- Corporate finance experience in funding, licensing would be beneficial
- Would suit a person working within an SME start-up with an interest in M&A activities
- Project management experience for new manufacturing, recycling or wastes management developments would be nice
- Great attention to detail, comfortable working on your own initiative, effectively prioritise and manage workload and meeting tight deadlines
- A strong communicator, able to work with people at all levels
- You will be used to working with Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, formulae, lookup tables, ‘if’ statements) and be comfortable with reporting
- Competitive salary;
- 25 days annual leave, incl. 8 Bank Holidays;
- Pension contribution scheme;
- Opportunities for training and development;
- Amazing working environment.
Please contact for a confidential discussion.