Salary:£63000-£77000 Depending on experience
Due to long term contract wins our client who are an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor are looking for an experienced Electrical Project Manager to join their team on a permanent basis.
The Project Manager plans, organises, leads, coordinates and controls all activities concerned with the construction of Electrical (LV, MV & HV) Projects.
The Project Manager participates in the conceptual development of an engineering construction project and leads its organization, scheduling and implementation. He/she is the key point of contact with the client and builds and creates strong, assertive and positive relationships. They ensure that the site meets and exceeds environmental, health and safety standards. They ensure a quality focus and quality outcomes so that the Kirby Group vision, mission & values are fulfilled.
Electrical Project Manager Responsibilities
In conjunction with your project team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of a project as set out in the company standards:
- Arrange and chair handover of project from estimating department to construction team
- Liaise with OM in staffing of project
- Validate project and in doing so develop business plan, cost control system, cashflow and billable schedules, etc.
- As Project Manager you will be tasked with producing procurement plan, drawing / design plan, construction programme, s-curve and histogram
- Liaise with client and design team on procurement and engineering issues
- Develop project safety and quality plans
- Mobilise sub-contractors and labour in accordance with business plan
- Mobilise site establishment
Project Running Phase:
- Continuous review of on-site management competencies and develop a training plan for staff and operatives who require development
- Continuous auditing and reporting of EHS procedures
- Continuous auditing and reporting of QAQC procedures
- Deliver site specific EHS & QAQC TBT when required
- Manage your site team in the effective day to day running of site activities
- Ensure compliance with programme, materials deliveries and engineering,
- Attend meetings with Clients
- Hold progress meetings with sub-contractors and ensure that safety and training are discussed
- Ensure effective cost and sales control in conjunction with Q.S
- Advise client in good time of any potential project risks
- Ensure productivity at work face is measured on a weekly basis also maintain project progress control
- Escalate any project issues to OM
- Ensure the implementation of the 30 min reporting rule
- Submit monthly internal reports to the OM
Ensure testing and commissioning is carried out in accordance with the Quality Plan
Ensure final design audit (if applicable) is carried out by the EM
Complete and certify all ‘life systems’ in good time for handover date
Ensure all systems are demonstrated to Client and District Surveyor
Handover O&M manual and record drawings
Prepare final account with the QS, submit and agree with client in line with company objective
Demobilise site team and establishment in conjunction with the OM
Produce a project close-out report and submit to the OM
Maintain contact with client for warranty period and thereafter when retention monies are collected
Maintain a site / day-book
Attend and participate in monthly project managers meetings
Develop your skills in line with agreed training plan
Put forward idea’s for continuous improvement of company
Maintain contact with your client base
Maintain excellent working relationships with the client from project start up to project completion
3rd level qualification in Electrical Engineering, Building Services Engineering or strong trades background
At least 6 years project management experience with a main or T&D Contractor
Experience in Substations is essential
Professional Acumen – Represent the company at a senior level in meetings, presentations, technical workshops, etc. in a professional, competent and capable manner.
Strong IT skills – Ability to deliver presentations, reports etc.
Experience at managing a multiple disciplined Project Team.
Must be willing to travel, between Glasgow and the greater London area.
A strong communicator with excellent verbal and writing proficiency.
Able to work on own initiative and build and manage a team.
A Positive solution focused mindset
For more information please contact Elainn on 0191 3480155 or email firstname.lastname@example.org