Due to new contract wins and continued success in the High Voltage market, our Client who are a leading HV Contractor are looking for an Experienced Project Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
The successful Candidate will be responsible for ensuring successful delivery of projects and maintenance contracts (LV to 33KV)
- Work with the business unit manager to ensure that all programmes of work are delivered on time and to budget in line with contractual commitments to time, cost, and quality
- Lead and motivate staff under their control to ensure that Company ambitions are achieved.
- Liaise with clients and various stakeholders to ensure successful project delivery Testing and Commissioning of HV and LV Distribution Systems
- Assist in the project tendering process
- Maintain and build strong business relationships with the Clients Engineering and Project Management teams and their appointed principal contractors
- Manage and work within clients’ and Company health, safety & quality policies
- Management & coordination of day-to-day activities in relation to task planning, resource management, & preparation of documentation
- Obtain supplier quotations, develop BOM’s and raise purchase orders
- Contractual management – Ensure EWN’s & CE’s are raised and brought to the attention of the commercial team at the earliest opportunity
- Provide practical and technical support to the clients and internal teams – always seeking continuous improvement
- Represent the Company throughout the project delivery and hand back phases
- Manage site compliance to Company HSQE standards
- Liaise with clients, service providers and other stakeholders.
- Manage project works & coordination of sub-contractor activities.
- Monitor and report on project progress and budget spend
- Enhance relationships in dealings with clients, consultants and regulatory authorities
- Manage & review contract documents
- Manage projects effectively and achieve contract completion within budget, safety and time frame targets.
- At least 5 years’ experience working within the power distribution industry in a similar role
- Good knowledge of power distribution systems
- Ability to work in different environments and sectors
- Ability to identify issues and provide solutions
- Ability to manage works to a budget to ensure successful commercial performance of projects
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- ONC or HNC in Electrical Engineering
- Experienced project engineer who has worked as Senior Authorised Person/Authorised person defined by the Distribution Safety Rules
- Relevant Safety qualification IOSH or NEBOSH