Salary:£40000-£50000 Depending on experience
The aim of the Strategic Development Manager is to build and maintain a portfolio of strategic accounts to achieve defined revenue and customer profile targets. Tasked with increasing market presence across key commercial consultants and construction companies in addition to regional and national housebuilders within defined areas of the UK. Will provide a focal point for and contribute to the company’s ongoing business development strategy through regular senior management reviews and wider company forums.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Identify and win new business to achieve defined revenue targets.
- Develop continuous relationships with new and existing strategic customers.
- Maintain or increase where possible enquiries from existing customer base, maximising conversion.
- Build and maintain new customer enquiry pipeline through existing contacts, networking and leads gained through business enquiry process.
- Maximise proposal output opportunities across products and services offered.
- Prepare written proposals and perform follow-up communications within defined timescales.
- Ensure sales performance complies with customer and development profiles.
- Provide management information reporting relating to all aspects of sales performance.
- To carry out any other duties deemed appropriate for the role.
- Adhere to stated policies and procedures relating to health and safety, and quality management.
- Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care of equipment and materials for which the role has responsibility.
- Attend training and develop relevant knowledge and skills.
Outgoing, organised, reliable, adaptable, personable and able to work individually with a drive to exceed targets balanced with quality. Well-presented and business-like, keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability. Able to build relationships easily and be a team-player, possessing interpersonal skills to be able to build new relationships, communicating effectively with all levels both internally and externally.
Specific Job Skills:
Requires strong prospecting, networking and lead generation skills to build and maintain a qualified pipeline. Possesses highly effective selling skills and knows how to win new business. Able to self-motivate and effectively time-manage own workload, appreciating the need to balance accuracy with any potential deadlines or targets.
Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel
Literacy and Numeracy:
Must excel at producing clear, concise and accurate written communications along with ability to handle large amounts of data for reporting purposes. Ability to understand project costings, budgets and possess a greater commercial awareness.
Qualifications and Experience
Full valid UK Driving Licence – Essential
Experience in a similar role – Essential
Knowledge of GT/iGT & DNO/iDNO marketplace – Essential