Salary:£30,000k base + commission + excellent benefits + remote working
An established and award-winning, IT Solutions & Unified Comms provider in Stirling.
They are part of a bigger Group who support a multitude of industries across Construction, Homebuilding through to Transport and Surveying. They have 600 staff across 10 locations, therefore are comfortable supporting SME, SMB and Enterprise-wide clients.
Providing customers with an integrated set of services to proactively manage IT and Cyber threats. IT is an ever-changing environment and the company remains agile to adapt to client’s business needs and support companies around emerging threats.
As Business Development Manager primarily you will research, identify and develop new IT solution sales opportunities, nurturing and converting these through a full B2B sales cycle.
You will be selling across three areas – IT Managed Services (IT Support, Back-up, Disaster Recovery and Infrastructure), IT Security (Penetration testing, Cyber Essentials / ISO27001 accreditation) and Unified Communications (Telephony) to customers.
You will be comfortable building new relationships with key decision makers in local, regional and eventually national locations and be able to create and manage an effective sales pipeline to beat your individual and wider team targets.
You will report to the Head of Sales and will be responsible for generating new business through outbound calling, following up on outbound marketing mailers, dealing with incoming enquiries and taking on account management and upselling and otherwise proactively generating new leads.
Some of the key responsibilities for this successful individual would be but no limited to:
- Identify strategic prospects for the organisation to partner with.
- Research prospects to have relevant and meaningful conversations.
- Nurture and develop relationships with key partners/prospects until a time that a live
opportunity is identified.
Take the opportunity to retain and account manage client accounts you bring in.
- Use your industry knowledge to spot and maximise on opportunities.
- Work to mutually agreed targets and KPI’s on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Work with the broader technical teams, including the organisations Partner community to help achieve the overall team target.
- Reporting on monthly target to new leads generated, meetings held, and jobs won.
- Collaborate on agree personal development needs and actions.
The successful Business Development Manager will be/have:
- You will be a results-driven, entrepreneurial, enthusiastic and proactive individual.
- 2+ years’ Business Development or Outbound Sales experience
- Working in IT, IT Services, IT Security or Unified Comms or Business Telecoms.
- Proven experience working in a relatable B2B hunter Sales position.
- Good commercial awareness in a sales context
- Have excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills and a proactive approach to winning new sales. You must also be adept in closing business and nurturing long term relationships.
- Have a track record of achieving individual and team targets.
- Demonstrable experience in consultative selling to decision-makers.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to build rapport to develop and nurture strong relationships.
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Well presented, well-spoken and professional.
- Determined, driven and willing to learn.
- Team player.
- Positive attitude.
- High level of resilience.
- Strong networking skills.
- Full UK driving license.
- Comfortable working from home or being remote
- A knowledge or appreciation of IT
- Appetite to learn and appreciate IT or Unified Communications.
- Competitive basic salary + attractive OTE
- Flexible working options to give you a great work-life balance.
- Pension contributions to help you save for the future.
- Regular team social events
- Training & development
Please contact for a confidential discussion