Salary:£35000-£45000 Depending on experience
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Transformer Engineer to join an established business based in West Yorkshire. Our client are a leading manufacturer and supplier of electrical power distribution equipment and pioneers of ultra-low loss amorphous transformer technology.
Reporting to the Operations Team Leader your duties will be a combination of in-house production fitting and assembly work and site-work assembly of “POWER TRANSFORMERS” including fitting, wiring and testing at site.
Key areas include:
- In-house fitting and assembly of various types of distribution and power transformers
- You will prepare work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools and materials.
- You will assemble components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies
- You will be required from time to time to travel to third party sites both in the UK and abroad to build up the equipment and test.
- You will ensure that all equipment is assembled and tested to the highest standard
- You will read and understand mechanical and schematic drawings.
- You will use general workshop machinery and hand tools related to the role
- Identify and work with others to resolve inadequate or unclear manufacturing/engineering information.
- To work unsociable hours when required to meet company demands, including site work as required.
- To work abroad on special projects if the need arises.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience and competence of working on site fitting power transformers is essential
- Hands on experience of working within a mechanical/electrical engineering environment is essential
- The ability to understand mechanical and schematic drawings is essential
- Apprentice trained or a Mechanical/Electrical qualification is essential
- Experience of Health & Safety and conducting risk assessments is essential
- You will have good written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to liaise with customers and resolve issues in a proactive and positive manner
- Strong trouble shooting skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- You will be flexible and adaptable and be prepared to attend site at short notice which may be outside your normal working hours
- Experience of working collaboratively with other operations personnel with the ability to train and enhance your work colleagues’ skills.
- Ideally experience of working within a continuous improvement environment
- Ideally have up to date training on Overhead Crane/Slinging Lifting certification
- Ideally have a FLT licence
- ECS accreditation is essential
- Ideally IPAF certification
- Full UK driving licence is essential
For more information please contact Elainn on 0191 3480155 or email email@example.com