Salary:Up to £35k basic depending on experience
Due to continued market success, my client who are a leading Multi-Utility organisation are looking for an experienced Tendering Technician to join their team on a permanent basis.
The main duties will be to produce project costs and proposal drawings across the Company’s enquiry portfolio as part of the wider sales process.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to follow a progressive career path with a forward-thinking company that is people focused and has seen significant organic growth.
Experience and qualifications:
- Professional Costing/Commercial background with proven ability and demonstrable experience.
- Experience in dealing with multiple projects and customers as well as experience in analysing data.
- Strong working knowledge of job costing processes
- Previous experience within utility infrastructure industry is essential
- GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths and English is essential
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Process new enquiries and progress missing technical information from the customer
- Create proposal drawings ensuring efficiency of routes and identifying potential adoption issues
- Undertake project cost creation using defined costing models and processes
- Prepare draft proposals ensuring that content reflects draft designs, cost model outputs and site and local conditions
- Liaise and discuss optimal design and costing options with the customer during the enquiry process ensuring all customer requests are taken into account
- Act as focal point for general customer queries and enquiries regarding projects during the enquiry process
- Apply estimated loads to a draft layout and create a draft design according to basic design rules (where applicable)
- Respond to customer enquiries and support the Sales and Commercial managers and/or directors where required
- Build relationships with external customers and internal stakeholders offering excellent customer service throughout the process from initial contact to responding to post acceptance queries
- Undertake all activities within agreed standards of service and in compliance with company technical guidelines
- Carry out any other duties deemed appropriate for the role
- Adhere to stated policies and procedures relating to health and safety, and quality management
- Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care of equipment and materials for which the role has responsibility
- Attend training and develop relevant knowledge and skills