Salary:£35000-£45000 Depending on experience
Due to continued market success my client is looking for a self-motivated, experienced Technical Sales Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
My client is an expanding power engineering company, supplying new and refurbished Power and Distribution transformers, HV & LV switchgear, Motors, HV & LV installation and turnkey packages.
- Establishing new, and maintaining existing, relationships with customers.
- Developing new sales, specifically Power and Distribution Transformers, HV and LV Switchgear and associated equipment.
- Managing and interpreting customer requirements. Liaising with customers to develop and deliver proposals including supply only, refurbishment, repairs, through to turnkey projects.
- Creation of professional quotations through to negotiating and closing sales by agreeing terms and conditions.
- Ensuring sales targets are met and exceeded.
- Following up any work conducted to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Making technical presentations and demonstrating company services as necessary.
- Support marketing activities by attending clients, trade shows, conferences and other marketing events.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of Power and Distribution transformers, HV and LV switchgear and ideally be qualified to a minimum HNC, HND (or equivalent) level with previous experience of the industry.
- Previous experience of creating quotations and engineering proposals to customers’ requirements.
- Excellent communication skills, a ‘can do’ attitude and enthusiastic approach.
Candidates will preferably be able to show:
- Proficiency in typical information technology tools (Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook and ERP/ NAV systems)
- Increasing sales in an electrical products or supply business.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
The role requires occasional travel within the UK, so a full driving license is essential.