An exciting opportunity has arisen with my client who specialise in the design, supply, installation, maintenance and commissioning of electrical infrastructures for a varied range of electricity utility companies and renewable energy developers throughout the UK and Ireland. Due to continued growth, we now require a suitably qualified Project Manager with outstanding leadership, communication and project management skills to work across our Client areas in Scotland.
The successful candidate will have a consistent track record of project delivery along with demonstrable experience in developing diverse teams.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager within the UK Substations business unit, this role is a key part of our organisational success, ensuring commitments to our customers are delivered on time and to the highest standard. The successful candidate will have a consistent track record of project delivery along with demonstratable experience in developing diverse teams.
The post is specifically focused on:
- Ownership of deliverables relating to time, cost, and quality, ensuring safe delivery of projects.
- Lead, develop and support teams operating on a variety of projects.
- Use excellent communication skills to run and engage with internal and external partners in a timely manner.
- Professionally represent the company, both individually and as part of a team, in a wide range of situations with internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead projects to the requirements set out within our governance framework for project delivery.
- Work closely with and as part of the Sales team providing expertise for bid opportunities throughout the sales phase including creation of detailed project plans.
- Provide and manage objectives to project team members (Procurement, Engineering, Construction, etc) to ensure all deliverables are monitored and achieved in accordance with the plan.
- Project cost control at all times, ensuring pre-determined levels of productivity are achieved.
- Maintain effective communication both internally, within the business to ensure optimum project delivery and externally, with all customers, developing a relationship of trust on which future business can be secured.
- Challenge own organisation, and that of sub-contractors, to provide the best possible value proposals that meet the Customer requirements.
- Operate clear requirements management, claims, non-conformance cost and lessons learned processes on all projects within remit.
- Build, develop and maintain, clear, robust and up to date project plans.
Essential Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Educated to degree level (preferably in an engineering, business or project management discipline)
- Experience of: Meeting targets in a commercial environment, Managing budgets, Planning works in the most efficient manner, Managing and motivating staff, Delivering strong financial performance in a contracting environment.
- A proven understanding of safety and quality and how to manage them.
- The ability to engage at a specific and detailed level with key tasks, evidenced by those tasks being executed in a highly efficient manner.
- APM, PRINCE2 or PMI qualifications are desirable.
The successful jobholder will also possess the personal integrity, resilience and the robustness needed to operate in a fast changing highly commercial contracting environment.
This is a flexible role with the requirement to travel throughout the UK and Ireland.