Salary:£35000-£40000 Depending on experience
Due to continued market growth, our client who are a leading renewable company, are looking for an experienced Solar O&M Technical Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
As the O&M Technical Engineer you will be providing high level technical support to both the field and office teams. You will be involved with projects, onboarding new assets and any arising faults. You will also be encouraged to find innovative ways to maximise asset performance.
Responsibilities to include.
- Being an advocate for company Health and Safety awareness and implementation
- Training and developing field service team’s skill sets and technical knowledge
- Provide comprehensive reports, using our bespoke systems in a prompt and diligent manner.
- Assist with the compilation of insurance and warranty claims.
- To coordinate and participate in major incidents and repairs.
- To be a technical hub, supporting both the Field Service team and office
- Liaising with clients on key issues and performance reports
- A sound working knowledge of HSE legislation including HSE at Work Act and Construction Design and Management Regulations.
- Time served as Electrician and/or electrical engineer
- Can provide high level technical support for fault finding and diagnostics.
- Capable of attending a site, identify faults, diagnose them, and perform repairs accordingly.
- Excellent, habitual report writing and IT skills.
- Knowledge of HV systems.
- Expert level knowledge of multiple inverter types
- Solar experience operating and fault finding on inverters, HV, DC & AC.
- Qualified Electrician; BS7671 and Level 3 Electrical NVQ or appropriate equivalent (apprenticeship completed, IET, etc).
- IOSH Managing Safety or equivalent would be an advantage
- HNC/HND or similar degree in Electrical Engineering would be an advantage