As Pre-Contract Senior Commercial Manager based in York, you will be performing the commercial function of reviewing and negotiating all contract documents received from clients and suppliers. Reporting to the Commercial Team Leader, you will work as part of a small team supporting others and reporting on the status of projects for which you are responsible. .
Negotiation is key in reaching agreements on contract terms for each project before seeking Director approval/sign off, by highlighting the risks, requirements, liabilities and obligations of each contract entered into and report these to the Project Delivery Teams.
Current contract values are between £50K and £5M.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Ensure agreed payment terms allow for regular invoicing with the shortest possible payment cycles
- Negotiate terms which maximise fee for additional work
- Liaise with the engineering disciplines to understand the inherent risks on each project and how these can be reduced through contract negotiation
- Prepare documentation detailing any security requirements (e.g. performance bond) to issue for board approval
- Produce a report upon completion of negotiating the terms of an agreement, to be issued to the Project Delivery Teams, highlighting the contract’s key issues and administration requirements