Salary:£48000 - £55000 DOE
The role entails undertaking structural design using the clients galvanised steel Modular Platform System, producing design drawings, fabrication drawings, reports and calculations to the satisfaction of the clients Contractors Responsible Engineer and Network Rail.
The role will require liaising, co-ordinating and innovating with the clients in-house construction team to ensure successful implementation of the designs on site.
As lead Designer there is excellent opportunity to gain exposure to the whole project life cycle including tendering and contracts, feasibility design, detailed design, fabrication, construction and production of as built health and safety files.
- Previous experience in Rail design is preferred but not essential.
• 3 to 5 years relevant, post-graduate experience in Civil/Structural Engineering design and or construction.
Knowledge and Skills:
- The candidate must have proven experience in steelwork design and designing with Eurocodes as well as experience of steelwork fabrication detailing, producing steelwork specifications, including inspection and test plans
- A Strong understanding of structural draughting including BIM software (Microstation V8i), steelwork and concrete detailing is essential (experience using AutoCAD will be considered)
- Construction experience, setting out and experience in resolving on-site technical queries
- Be a team player, have a hands on approach to design with a proven ability to deliver buildable safe designs in line with UK Health and Safety regulations
- Relevant degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
• Ideally the candidate will be approaching Chartered Engineer status via ICE or IStructE