Quantity Surveyor sought by leading project EPC developer pioneering the delivery of projects and assets in the UK. The successful Quantity Surveyor will support project delivery, taking responsibility of the project, Budgets, Tendering, Procurement, supporting the closure of contracts and managing them through construction and handover to operations.
Projects you will support include the UK’s Solar Construction Asset (+100mw), The ideal Quantity Surveyor will be comfortable overseeing risk and value management whilst driving the performance of sub-contractors and managing quality. A background in Power Generation, Distribution, Construction would be suitable.
Project Quantity Surveyor key requirements;
- Ideally 5 – 10 years post-graduation experience
- Ability to demonstrate significant experience in using various contract forms, Project Manager qualification preferable but not essential)
- Preferably has experience of heavy Civils/Renewable Energy works in a main/principal contractor setting (but not essential)
- Experience of working on contracts £10m plus for principal contractor (Desirable)
- Management of change – takes the lead and owns the change process – maintains effective change control procedures with supply chain (i.e.) managing Risk/Early Warning Registers; proactively reacts to notifications of works variations (cost and time), works with contractors to reduce project risk to Minimise cost.
- Procurement – prepare enquiry documents, conduct work scope reviews, with particular emphasis on the identification of areas of design and time criticality T&C’s review, strong contract negotiation, select best value Contractors and Draft Final Order documentation
- Manage Contractor accounts; assess and administer payments in a timely manner and formulate payment notifications and notices.
- Challenge and act on areas subject to disallowed costs.
- Reporting activities – Maintaining internal cost plans Earned Value recognition, reporting to Head of Operations.
- Provide site management with commercial support and advice.
- Strong emphasis on profit maximisation
- Promote and maintain professional working relationships
- Ability to work autonomously