Salary:£18,000k - £21,000k base plus full training and development plus excellent benefits
A well-established national environmental company based on the outskirts of Doncaster.
They are a modern and innovative leader in outsourced management and green solutions, providing bespoke and tailored services to local, regional and national businesses. They have a google style of working, which is open plan spaced out pods of two to four staff.
You will have the chance to join a finance team of twenty, working alongside six Purchase Ledger clerks who have a great combination. They are talented, ambitious, motivated, who have a whole lot of fun, therefore we are looking for a new member of the team who can join and be part of a fantastic culture.
This is a fast-paced environment, very busy who handle 15,000 invoices a month. They use OCR for automated scanning of invoices, this role will be analysing and identifying discrepancies and resolving any issues between suppliers or internally with other teams.
Some of the key responsibilities for this successful individual would be but no limited to:
- Processing supplier invoices, checking for incorrect prices, job errors or missing PO numbers, product lists or product movements
- Reconciliation of supplier statements
- Dealing with queries (both internally and externally).
- Work individually and collectively to improve departmental KPI’s
- Ensure timely payment to suppliers and adherence to terms and credit limits
- Manage own workload and assist the wider team, where required, to ensure monthly deadlines are achieved
- Strive for continuous improvement and ways to streamline processes
- Keeping all ledgers clean and tidy
- General accounting tasks and any administration tasks
The successful Purchase Ledger clerk will be/have:
To be successful you will have experience in a similar role. Your experience so far will have provided you with a broad-based understanding within an accounts environment. You will be self-motivated, organised and enjoy working in a team
- Approximately 2 years+ Purchase Ledger experience or similar finance role
- Strong administrative skills and grasp of terminology
- Excellent attention to detail and able to achieve deadlines
- Strong team player and someone who can work using their own initiative
- Comfortable communicating with other teams, suppliers via phone or email
- Experience with Sage 50 or related software would be beneficial, but not essential
- Use of Microsoft Office suite Excel, Word, Outlook
- Excellent full training and development and excellent prospects for the right individual
This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate who is looking for a new challenge and some autonomy within a fast-paced, supportive environment.
- Private medical insurance – including dental cover
- Company pension (4% personal 4% company)
- Free parking
- Great career progression opportunities
- Internal and external training opportunities
- 28 days annual leave (includes bank holidays) – Increased by 1 day each year of service
- Employee social events and a fantastic close working and fun team
- Working hours – staggered start times 8 – 4pm or 9 – 5pm and 30 min lunch
Please contact for a confidential discussion