Salary:£58000-£62000 Depending on experience
Electrical Engineer with broad based knowledge of electrical power distribution, switchgear, transformers and associated protection devices required to undertake the role of Senior Design Engineer based in our client offices in Stoke on Trent
Our clients’ design activities cover the development and creation of detailed designs from Client specifications covering all the various aspects of distribution systems, across all market sectors, principally covering: –
- Power Distribution
- Railway Traction Power
- ICP Connections
- Containerised Substations
- Bespoke protection & control panels
- HV cable routes
The Engineer should have knowledge, and at least 5-years experience, of the following;
- 11kV & 33kV distribution switchgear
- 415V Switchgear & Motor Control Centres
- Protection relays – Schneider/GE Micom, Siemens, ABB
- Micom PSL Design
- Power distribution transformers
- General HV/LV Cable calculations
The Engineer will be expected to be able to undertake and develop technical solutions to meet project and customer expectations including: –
- Single Line Diagrams
- Schematic diagrams
- Protection & control diagrams
- Protection relay setting file creation
- Selection of components/devices
- Specification of components
- Bills of Materials
- Purchase specifications for materials
As part of the above the Engineer will be expected to undertake and lead all necessary liaison with Clients & Suppliers to satisfy the technical requirements of the projects.
This will also include visiting Client’s sites to undertake design surveys and attending meetings as required.
The role will also include offering technical support to the Tendering Engineers in preparation of quotations to support the business requirements.
As a Senior Engineer you will also be expected to work autonomously and help to train & advise Junior Engineers as required.
Minimum of HNC in Electrical engineering
Proficient in use of Autocad
For more details please contact Elainn on 07853925027 or email firstname.lastname@example.org