Due to company-wide expansion, my client who are a leading Utility Consultancy, are looking for an experienced Operational Coordinator to join their team on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will have previous experience of working within the utility sector either as a Project Coordinator, Office Manager or other similar role in order to be considered for this role.
This is an exciting opportunity as there will be the opportunity to progress into an Operations Manager role for the right candidate.
The Operations Coordinator will manage all operational activities within the business including the planned expansion of services.
Working directly with Directors the Operations Coordinator will be instrumental in devising and implementing strategy to achieve the forecasted 5-year goals. Such strategy to include the addition of services clearly linked to the Utility Industry and the clients’ sister companies.
- Team Management
- Monitor workload
- Manage resources for the benefit of the company and its clients
- In coordination with the Directors, identify section training needs and manage training of colleagues
- Department financial budget input
- Report on Health and Safety, resourcing and quality
- Undertake team appraisals
- Manage all HR issues within the team
- Attend Senior Management meetings
- Management of projects
- Liaise with clients and utility companies via phone, email and site visits
- Liaise with clients regarding their site-specific programme date
- Liaise with the utility companies to book works in around site programme dates
- Prior to works commencing ensure site will be ready and that the utility companies are still on schedule
- Re-schedule works when necessary
- Provide clients with regular updates
- Resolve disputes between clients and third-party contractors
- Ensure utility connections are completed according to the original price quoted and accepted by the client.
- Take responsibility for more complex projects
- Ensure client budgets are respected and adhered to
- Follow internal and external processes
- Attend site meetings with external contractors
- Carry out internal proposal check process
- Provide Technical support to internal departments and external clients
- Attend Invoice Meetings
- Update Electronic Files
- Deal with queries/programming works when necessary.
- Liaise with administrators over infrastructure drawings and advise on applications to be made.
- Calculate utility loads for applications