Due to the recent success in being named preferred bidder for transmission assets, our client is looking to recruit an Asset Manager to be responsible for the day to day management and operation of the transmission assets across onshore and offshore substations. As a key member of the asset management team, the individual needs to be commercially astute, ambitious and driven. He or she will seek to contribute to the fast growth and success of the company, whilst ensuring that the highest levels of HSE and asset performance are maintained.
You will need to be a qualified to Degree / HNC level, with a successful track record within power infrastructure management, ideally in the Offshore Wind Industry or UK Electricity Supply Industry.
Your experience should include: current or very recent operational authorisation to Senior Authorised Person, experience of the safety / operational interface with the onshore TO a good knowledge of transmission / EHV distribution equipment, project management, and life-cycle management of transmission assets.
It is anticipated that the role will be based in north-east Scotland within reasonable travelling distance of the Keith. Regular travel will be required to the offshore substations via the facility and, occasional travel will also be needed to other OFTO projects and the head office location in London. Out of hours response will be required on a rota basis.
Our client offers an excellent employment package, including:
Highly competitive base salary
Annual performance bonus
Operational standby and call out payments
25 days’ annual leave.
Responsibilities will include:
Ensuring appropriate Health, Safety & Environmental compliance as part of the O&M contract
Site safety, including operational and safety switching, safety management, safety documents and RAMS
Maintaining a good working knowledge of the company’s Electrical Safety Rules
Day to day management of OFTO assets
Day to day management of the O&M contractors
Planning and co-ordination of maintenance activities onshore and offshore
Developing an in-depth knowledge of the OFTO assets to assist with the initial response to alarms and events
Leading the development of the company’s asset and maintenance policy
Maximising asset availability
Implementing site operational procedures and processes
Establishing/developing/assisting in the development of contingency plans
Management of projects up to £500k, including the specification, technical input to the procurement process and supervision / management of contractors
O&M and technical input to future transmission bidding processes
Development of company policies and production of required documentation.
Weekly and monthly reporting to the head of asset management
Operational planning and liaison with SHE Transmission and Beatrice windfarm.
Building business cases for investment and management of projects up to £500k.
Numerate problem solver
Ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing
Ability to work well with project partners
Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Electrical or relevant engineering / science qualification to Degree / HNC level (experience may be taken into account instead)
- Experience in the UK electricity supply or offshore industries, including:
- Knowledge of Health and Safety policy and legislation, electrical safety rules
- Holds a current HV SAP authorisation =132kV
- Fault response / repair
- Knowledge of asset management procedures
- Experience of O&M activities within the offshore transmission sector at 220kV and above.
- Experience of contract management and managing outsourced O&M activities.
- Track record of successfully managing critical electrical assets.
- Ability to attain Senior Authorised Person’s authorisation, under the relevant electrical safety rules.
- Possession of GWO certification, or capability to achieve certification (training will be provided)
- The following although not essential, would be beneficial:
- Experience of project management / development
- Detailed asset specific knowledge: e.g. transformers, cables, switchgear, light current (protection and SCADA), offshore structures
- Knowledge of Grid Code / SO-TO code interface procedures
- Experience of submarine cable surveys, reburial and repair preparedness
- IOSH, NEBOSH or other relevant safety qualifications