Salary:£35,000k - £38,000k base + pension + full training
A well-established and the largest Manufacturing organisation in Northumberland.
Part of a bigger group, they are a family-owned company, founded in 1960’s, they employ approx. 10,100 people across 20 plants across the globe. They produce extensive product range of wood-based materials (chipboards, OSB and MDF boards) as well as timber.
The company generated a turnover of EUR 2.83 billion in 2019/2020 and has worldwide customers in the furniture industry, wood and flooring retailers, as well as DIY markets.
As Management Accountant, you will primarily ensure all monthly procedures, analysis and reporting is completed. You will be joining an established team with the perfect combination.
They are a talented, motivated finance team and have a whole lot of fun, so they would like the right individual who can join them and be part of a great culture.
Some of the key responsibilities for this successful individual would be but no limited to:
- Carrying out month end closing procedures.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly Group reporting.
- Prepare statistical information and reports as required.
- Analysing monthly performance on a plant, product and customer level.
- Assist in the coordination, preparation and analysis of quarterly rolling budgets.
- Calculating, maintaining, monitoring and reviewing standard costs on an ongoing basis.
- Show a commercial awareness regarding the company’s products, customers, markets and production processes.
- Be proactive in identifying process improvements.
- Take the opportunity to carry out project work.
- Chance to join the SAP Key user Controlling team UK.
The successful Management Accountant will be/have:
- Be either a Qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) or be close to qualifying.
- Have relevant experience in the manufacturing sector is preferable or a related industry.
- Knowledge of SAP R/3 would be great, or Sage or equivalent is fine.
- Great IT skills and competent with Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Attention to accuracy and detail.
- Confident and enthusiastic and efficient approach to tasks.
- Personality, capability, attitude and willingness to learn and be excited to work
- Determined, driven and willing to learn
- Team player
- Have a positive attitude
- Competitive basic salary
- A great working environment at their centrally located office
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Free breakfasts, fresh fruit and tea & coffee
- Pension 6% personal and 8% company contributions to help you save for the future.
- Regular team social events
- Training & development
Please contact for a confidential discussion