My client is looking for a Project manager that has previously worked in a software development environment. This role would suit someone with 1-2 years Project management experience and who is looking to enhance and develop their skill set in a fast-paced environment.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution and completion of multiple projects, while remaining aligned with strategy, commitments and goals of the organization.
- Create, maintain and monitor project plans and project scope
- Coordinate with cross discipline team members to make sure that all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, and schedules.
- Facilitates dialogue with Team leads to ensure resources are appropriately allocated
- Have a clear understanding of contractual requirements for each project and manage these effectively.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure key delivery dates are agreed in advance and any changes are communicated in a timely manner.
- Have a clear understanding of all financial and project milestones to ensure the business targets are met.
- Ensure risks and issues for each project are managed effectively
- Escalate issues impacting the successful delivery of the projects to the Project software board.
- Monitors projects life-cycle from production to delivery and ensure the desired quality of products is delivered and project deadlines are met.
- Prepare status reports by gathering, analyzing and summarizing relevant information.
- Update and monitor Project Management software to ensure individual project progress is recorded and projects documentation is maintained appropriately.
- Organise, lead and participate in stakeholder meetings, documenting and following up on important actions and decisions.
- Foster partnership with customers and stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree or equivalent in a related field of study desired.
- Project Management certification required (PMP, Prince2, Agile, etc)
- 1 – 2 years project management experience in I.T.
- Experience in successful project delivery alongside managing customer expectations within given commercial constraints.
- Experience working in Agile teams
- Proficiency with software tools including but not limited to Microsoft Project, JIRA, MS Excel, Word, Outlook,
- Analytical and strong organizational skills
- Natural ability to communicate and develop relationships with internal colleagues and customers.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Strong decision-making and leadership capabilities
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.