Due to continued market success, my client who are a leading Independent Connection Provider (ICP) are looking for a Senior Authorised Person to join their team on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be qualified to an HNC level in an Electrical Engineering subject and will be responsible for organising, planning and completing maintenance, projects, remedial and fault works on customers private networks.
You will be a highly motivated, proactive and flexible individual with excellent interpersonal skills, ready to make a commitment to our business. You should be able to work on your own, using your own initiative, as well as working well within a team.
You will be required to be on the 24/7 fault response rota, to ensure that 24/7 operational cover is maintained at all times.
- Responsible for the completion of maintenance activities with knowledge of the various High Voltage switchgear installed on existing networks.
- Responsible for the completion of repair activities with the ability to isolate a fault, locate a fault, restore supplies and repair the fault.
- Responsible for the completion of remedial activities with the ability to project manage these as required, ensuring the most cost effective method of completing the works safely.
- Responsible for the completion of Projects with the ability to project manage recognising time to program, cost to budget, quality and safety whilst meeting deadlines. Producing regular reports on progress, professional updates for customer and post completion project review.
- To actively manage all sub-contractors to ensure works run to plan, time and budget.
- Conduct business reviews to ensure customers are satisfied with our products and services.
- Being available out of hours for planned and unplanned works
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience
- Electrical qualification (HNC Minimum)
- Solid Operational Knowledge of High Voltage Networks
- Sound knowledge of the national HV safety Rules
- Knowledge of 11kV switchgear
- Experience in both LV and HV cable fault location
- Project management experience in asset replacement
- Ability to write switching programmes and to be able to review and approve others
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers, contractors and supplier
- Ability to plan and organise works and own time
- Ability to work under pressure
- Capability to undertake own admin related tasks, recording information accurately and completing documentation within timeframes
The role is nationwide but will be based out of the client offices in North Lincolnshire
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org