Salary:£30000-£50000 Depending on experience
Due to continued success my client has several opportunities for HV Electrical Fitters based in Northern Scotland.
The main purpose of the role is to be part of a team installing and constructing electrical power distribution and transmission systems from 400V to 132kV in a manner that delivers safe, high workmanship quality and fit for purpose networks for the customer and which promotes the company in a positive light at all times.
The Fitters deliver the installation of ground mounted and structure mounted power system components including cable systems, switchgear, transformers, busbars, relay panels and associated equipment in substations operating at up to 132KV.
- Progress to “Authorised Person” status under the Customer’s Safety Rules, allowing the individual to a) have independent access to substations containing live exposed conductors, b) to receive a permit to work and c) to supervise a working party.
- Perform in a professional manner to help build customer confidence and thereby contributing to the promotion of Projects Business growth.
- To work within all set procedures and to ensure Health and Safety is the most important element in this regard.
- Complete all tasks and task types allocated, increasing skill range and knowledge in the process. This can include excavation work, cable pulling, mechanical fitting, electrical fitting, and small wiring – including relay panel and telecontrol works.
- Undertake the site supervisor role in accordance with the CDM regulations as required – this may include the control of Customer appointed contractors and/or company appointed sub contract labour when required.
- Keep safe and maintain all company property issued, ensure it is routinely PAT or calibration tested and bring to the company’s attention any items that are not of a serviceable nature in a timely manner.
- Prepare and maintain the site H&S records;
- Order materials for site;
- Interact with customers representatives on and off site;
- Suitable mechanical or electrical qualification – City & Guilds, ONC, 18th Edition and/or relevant experience.
- Relevant practical or craft skills experience using hand tools.
- Basic operational knowledge of electrical or mechanical systems.
- Previous experience of working on HV substation sites including elec/mech fitting or jointing experience in a open Busbar environment
- Good operational knowledge of electrical power distribution systems.
- Site safety passport and/or experience of working on CDM sites.
- SSSTS OR SMSTS is desirable, not essential
- Possession of SSEN DNO authorisation to receive and cancel PTW (or alternative equivalent DNO authorisation i.e. SPEN).