Our client is a Group of companies with offices spread throughout the UK.
They are not your ordinary business. They currently are an SME Group of 7 businesses, each at varying points on the path to success. Further discussions with investors are planned soon.
Their core business is across Construction Support Services, Energy Efficiency Funding, Management and Compliance, alongside their newly developing services in Industrial medical products. Their aspirations and plans for future growth in each of these areas are substantial.
As the Finance professional supporting the businesses, you’ll give advice, audit accounts, and provide trustworthy information about their financial records. This will involve financial reporting, taxation, auditing, forensic accounting, corporate and investment finance, business recovery and insolvency, and managing accounting systems, transactions, and processes.
You will be an experienced Finance Manager able to handle all day-to-day finance and accounting functions of the company. We are looking for someone with the capacity to grow with the business, who welcomes personal development and an opportunity to grow into a Director level role within the next 18 months.
As a key member of the Group Management team, you oversee end-to-end finance operations, financial planning and analysis, P+L and Balance Sheet reconciliations, looking to make improvements to procedures and controls, as well as ad-hoc projects and requests as and when they come up. You will also accumulate and report on financial information about the performance, financial position, and cash flows of the business, leading a small finance team supporting you with these services.
Some of the key responsibilities for this successful individual would be, but no limited to:
This role includes all aspects of accountancy duties such as working with transactional accounts, bank reconciliations and assisting in the production of monthly management accounts and other areas within the accounting function:-
- Manage financial systems, budgets, and day-to-day transactional activity.
- Undertake financial audits (an independent check of an organisation’s financial position).
- Liaise with our businesses to provide financial information and advice.
- Review the company’s systems and analyse/report on financial risks.
- Perform tests to check the integrity of financial information and systems.
- Advise the Board on tax planning (within current legislation to enable them to minimise their tax liability) and tax issues associated with activities such as business acquisitions, mergers, and potential investments.
- Maintain accounting records, prepare accounts/management information for our businesses.
- Advise on business transactions, such as mergers, acquisitions and/or investments.
- Provide counsel on areas of business improvement or managing insolvency.
- Detect and prevent fraud (forensic accounting).
- Lead and manage junior colleagues.
- Lead and liaise activity with internal and external auditors and deal with any financial irregularities as they arise.
- Produce reports and recommendations following internal audits or public sector audits.
- Arrange financial management reports, including financial planning and forecasting.
- Advise on tax and treasury issues as applicable.
- Negotiate terms with suppliers.
The successful Finance Manager will be/have:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA).
- Have strong technical accounting knowledge.
- Comfortable creating statutory and monthly accounts as well as Project accounts.
- Able to delegate and manage the work of others.
- Produce budgets up to £multi-millions.
- Experience running annual audit activity.
- Confident with Microsoft Office and Sage 50, or used similar accounting software systems
- Use of Microsoft Excel is essential.
- Highly organised and able to prioritise and manage the workload ensuring that tight deadlines are met.
- Strong attention to detail and to be able to problem solve for different aspects of the job.
- Strong work ethic and communication skills with an ability to work well with others in a collaborative spirit.
- Experience of external client/customer management and liaison.
- Competitive salary;
- Car or Car Allowance – (negotiable);
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 Bank Holidays;
- Bonus – (negotiable);
- Pension contribution scheme;
- Flexible remote working;
- Exceptional opportunities for progression;
- Full on-boarding and training and development;
- Amazing working environment.
Please contact for a confidential discussion.
Based from Home with time in our offices at Edinburgh, Stockton, and Leicester. Further office locations are likely to be established soon on the Isle of Man and Wigan as they mature current projects from Investment stage to operational stage.