Due to continued market success, my client is seeking a Project Management specialist with a background in engineering across the full lifecycle. The bulk of the schemes are 11kV / 33kV network focused so this must be reflected in your overall experience. A big part of this role is full P&L responsibility which is essential to meet business and the client needs. Another key factor is demonstrating ICP and DNO knowledge of connection and generation works.
Due to the location there is a minimum of 3 days remote working and the rest will be split between sites and office.
The progression with the company is there to be had and the successful person should expect to be part of an ambitious business who continue to grow year on year.
- Demonstrate effective individual and collective SHE leadership and promote enthusiastic SHE culture. Manage Safety through early development incorporating life cycle designs that minimise risk to personnel.
- Set up and organise the team to ensure that projects meet the key programme milestones and the requirements of the employer deliverables
- Responsible for approving the scope of works, the plan and the target cost for each element of the project the PM is assigned to. Providing clear leadership to the Project team and controlling the activities of the team against budget.
- Responsible for ensuring safe management and systems of work are deployed by all personnel involved on the project and accountable for establishing effective controls of the site construction activities.
- Seek ways of optimising the resource plan in conjunction with Head of Operations and others. Drive performance, actively seeking to improve and optimise delivery methods. Provide a professional and consistent approach for the management and execution of major projects.
- To work alongside and provide direct support to the commercial team to ensure robust project cost control. Ensure company procedures are properly maintained and followed as part of the project development / execution.
- Minimum of 5 years Electrical Experience within project management on 11kV / 33kV Networks
- Must have had full P&L responsibility on small and major works.
- Electrical Qualification (HNC/HND minimum) but will consider alternatives
- Ideally be experienced SAP to 11kV / 33kV, but not essential.
- Contracts management and understanding of tender process’.
Salary up to £55k with potential to rise to £60k.
Company vehicle or car allowance
25 days hols excl. bank holidays
Remote working (3 days per week)