Salary:£40000-£50000 Depending on experience
Due to continued success and new contract wins, our client who are a leading high voltage Maintenance Contractor are looking for an experienced Electrical Project Manager to join their team on a permanent basis.
Covering West Yorkshire and the surrounding areas the Electrical Project Manager will be expected to:
- Manage multiple Electrical Engineers
- To provide a key point of contact for existing customers day to day queries.
- To process raised jobs and organise into different work groups.
- Responsibility for the day-to –day running of the workshop
- To assist in the organisation of sites geographically and book in with customer’s maintenance and project works.
- To sell or advise additional services to the contract at the same time as inspection, i.e. breather’s, earthing, LV, PFC etc.
- To ensure works under their control are carried out in a professional and courteous manner and liaise with customers’ to meet their requirements in full.
- To organise and manage the production of HV single line diagrams from site, ensuring all necessary alterations are made, culminating in the authorising of finished drawings.
- To promote engineers under their remit to carry out works to full expectations of the company and the client.
- To produce site specific method statement and risk assessments and submit in advance of the work being completed.
- To order any items required for the Project and Maintenance works including hire equipment and off hire on completion.
- To liaise with Maintenance Co-Ordinators for proposed dates of any works on site for client.
- To organise all equipment and items to be loaded for weekend works.
- To complete project/maintenance works site inspections in line with internal requirements (minimum 1 per month)
- Electrical Qualification (e.g. Apprenticeship or HNC/HND) and at relevant experience on electrical project work.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a supervisory role.
- Ability to plan and manage maintenance works, integrating with other departments.
- Problem solving and analysis – Analyses issues and breaks them down into their component parts. Makes systematic and rational judgements based on relevant information.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Maintain a good working relationship with the Sales Engineer and the site-based operatives. Have a good working relationship with the Client, looking after the day to day maintenance activities. Liaise and communicate effectively with the supply chain (suppliers).
Framework, Boundaries, Decision Making Authority and Responsibility:
- Work within financial delegation. Management of supply chain (suppliers) to ensure spares and consumables are available at competitive rates. Liaise with the Company Directors on technical decisions on maintenance strategy, involving the client as appropriate.
- Qualified Electrical Engineer
- A minimum of 5 years relevant post qualification experience
- Experience of operating in a commercial, multi-divisional organisation.
- Detailed understanding of current HV electrical maintenance techniques.
- Solid and up to date knowledge of statutory requirements, legislation and technical advances
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety practice and Risk Assessment processes.
For more information please contact Elainn on 0191 3480155 or email firstname.lastname@example.org