Are you a Controls Engineer looking for a globally recognised company to invest your career in? Do you want a challenge, and the chance to work on world-renowned systems for the global automated warehousing industry? My client, a global-leader in the automated warehousing industry is looking to add a control systems engineer to their controls department based at their Head Office in Redditch.
Reporting into the Head of Controls and/ or the project specific Project Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of fully tested and documented control systems for automated warehouse solutions, on time and within budget. You will be mostly office based in Redditch, with travel to sites both nationally and internationally around 25% of the time.
There is a highly competitive package on offer, with a basic salary of between £40,000 and £50,000 per year, with an additional £6000 per year in car allowances and an impressive overtime rate with lots of available hours to work as much as you please.
• The successful applicant will perform the role of Electrical Project Engineer in terms of control system definition, standards, design, specifications and concept.
• Applicants will be responsible for application engineering of HMI/PLC systems for fully automated Warehouse Control Systems.
• Applicants will function as a key player within a project team to deliver the system, fully tested and documented to site to the required specifications and project schedule.
• You will be Involved in system definition.
• Applicants will engage in designing, coding, specification and test of PLC, HMI and AC drive software.
• You will be the focal point on-site for technical matters and commissioning.
• You will create and maintain good relations with customers and suppliers, representing the company at all times to the highest standard.
• Applicants will be the company representative at both internal and external meetings, including with clients out on sites.
• Applicants may be expected to provide out of hours support for installed control systems as and when customer demand dictates.
• You will be required to provide on the job training for internal and external resources.
• Applicants may be required to provide technical support to sales department and assist in the preparation and presentation of sales tenders and proposals.
Essential skills and experience:
• Applicants must have the ability to listen and understand the requirements for any project related customer development.
• Candidates must be positive, motivated and hold the ability to contribute positively to a progressive culture.
• Candidates should have a strong commitment to safety, quality and customer satisfaction.
• Candidates should have good interpersonal; and communication skills.
• Applicants should hold the ability to analyse any development requirements and constructively challenge function requirement specifications.
• You should have the ability to write concise, accurate technical documentation.
• You should have a detailed approach to design specification.
• Applicants should have a strong problem solving ability.
• Applicants should have a good understanding of and ability to work with all relevant internal and external processes and standards.
• Applicants should be willing and able to travel to on work assignments as necessary, for approximately 25% of the time.
Essential technical skills:
Industrial automation experience is required with sound knowledge of all or some of the following hardware platform and associated programming languages – Beckhoff, Siemens S7.
• Applicants must be able to program in Structured Text (ST) / Structured Control Language (SCL).
• Applicants must be able to read and interpret electrical schematic drawings.
• Applicants must have excellent word processing and spread sheet skills.
• Practical experience of electrical / controls engineering & electrical installation would also be of benefit.
Desirable technical skills:
• Candidates who have application knowledge of industrial warehouse systems (cranes, monorails, etc.) would have a distinct advantage.
• Candidates who have a knowledge of Industrial Ethernet and modern field buses (e.g. ProfiNet, EtherCat, ASI), AC drives and design experience of HMI systems would have an advantage.
• Candidates who have Industrial experience of other controls platforms (e.g. Mitsubishi, Modicon, Rockwell, etc) would also be desirable.
• Academic recognition (minimum HNC) and practical experience in the field of electrical and controls engineering.
• Degree level qualification in an electrical or controls engineering subject, or years equivalent experience.