Due to continued success my client is looking for an experienced Site Supervisor to join their team on a permanent basis.
My client who work on behalf of some of the UK’s leading Independent Connection Providers provide Civils support, Jointing and installation services throughout Cambridgeshire and East Anglia.
- Strong people management experience
- A current full driving licence including category B + E SMSTS or IOSH managing safety Accredited
- NRSWA Supervisor
- EUSR SHEA Power card
- A current and relevant Emergency First Aid at work including Resuscitation
- It would be advantageous if the applicant has
- Member IET
- Financial/commercial project experience and knowledge Quality Management training / experience
- Industry site / project management experience
- Work with supervisors of internal and external staff; covering all craft aspects of project works.
- Follow policies and company procedures for project safety, cost appreciation, Implementing Health, Safety, Environmental impact and Quality Policies.
- Liaise with Clients and Local Authorities regarding street works
- Request sub-contractor quotes and create draft quotes for Project works Assist in delivering Projects on time and within budget
- Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with the standards, policies and procedures of NERS, and our customers.
- Liaise with the Supervisors responding to feedback to assist in ensuring all teams are deployed in the most effective way
- Ensure works not included in proposals are covered by the variation process under the feedback from the supervisors with 2-way communication and liaison with the Project manager, providing all the relevant information.
- Write, Prepare and Issue, with prior approval, Work Instructions, Risk Assessments & Method Statements to craft supervisors for staff and contractors who will ensure that they are fully understood and followed; ensure they contain the relevant documents as per company and NERS requirements
- Ensure the accurate recording of closing measurements and as-laid details in line with IDNO/DNO procedures. Identify and inform the Project manager of commercial opportunities or threats as appropriate.
- Ensure all relevant documentation is stored in the relevant project folder within process timescales, this includes but is not restricted to change control forms, scope of works, drawings, NRSWA, STATS, As-laid, Test sheets, PO’s, Quotes and other project specific information.
- Assist in scheduling of surveys and activities within projects.
- Advise on critical project dates, provide and ensure draft quotes are created for approval within 5 days of survey requests.
- Work with Craft Supervisors to ensure safe, effective and efficient implementation of company operations. Work closely with the supervisors to ensure effective allocation of resources.
- Contribute to wider team: advise, share knowledge and experience based on expertise. Liaise with colleagues across the organisation to ensure effective completion of tasks. Represent the company to customers and individuals from other companies.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with customers and other external parties.
- Deal with all issues arising including investigation and resolution of customer complaints.
- Implement company approach to Quality in all you do and complete all work to high standards in line with NERS and company requirements.
- Implement and where applicable Identify areas of improvement in company processes and operations. Report any quality issues to the company management, where required, complete the appropriate report Implement company Environmental policy.
- Maintain morale and Instil a ‘can do’, customer focused attitude into all craft teams Demonstrate, implement and enforce high standards of workmanship and safety in all areas