Salary:£25,000k basic plus excellent benefits
A well-established and integrated Digital business services organisation based in Newcastle.
Headquartered in London, they have offices in 17 countries throughout the UK, EMEA, USA and Asia. Working with recognised Enterprise branded clients every day.
They have built an organisation to deliver on this, with a unique combination of market and consumer insight, customer communications strategy, technology and transformational expertise. They help clients shape the future of customer communications.
This role will be working for their Newcastle based Finance Shared Services. For this Assistant Management Accountant position, you will primarily be responsible for supporting an outstanding management accountant in relation to activities for multiple European / Overseas entities within the Finance Shared Service Centre Management Accounts team of nine.
Some of the key responsibilities for this successful individual would be but no limited to:
- Support the production of monthly management accounts for four European/overseas entities (France, Spain, Belgium and Switzerland), including overheads & salaries P&L review and supporting commentary
- Provide analysis & insight as regards entity performance to key stakeholders
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare and submit Hyperion for multiple entities
- Prepare monthly & quarterly VAT returns/reconciliations for submission to Group Finance/external local accountants
- Prepare information for annual corporation tax schedules
- Provision of accounting information to external local accountants
- Assist with budget preparation
- Assist with statutory audits and audit information to ensure that all compliance & control requirements are met
- Prepare statutory account reconciliation between management accounts and local adjusted accounts
- Provide support for Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable functions in relation to general accounting issues
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems and controls
- Continuous improvement within FSSC
- Assist with the development and implementation of new software applications and ensure controls are maintained
The successful Assistant Management Accountant will be/have:
As they are passionate about their employees and are looking for an energetic and highly motivated staff member to join an established team with the right ‘can do’ attitude’.
- You will have relevant Management Accounting experience
- Around 2 years related Finance background and may be an a part qualified studier (CIMA, ACCA) or you may be a qualified by experience (QBE) with a higher level of experience who is happy to complete a fixed term contract
- If you have worked in a Shared Services Finance environment then that would be a distinct advantage
- Ideally you will have multi-currency experience (Euros, HK dollars o US dollars)
- Customer focused and experience working in a client centric environment.
- High level of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to manage relationships
- Excellent communication excel and presentation skills.
- Experience of change management would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills, to interact with the wider business
- Excellent team working
- Experience of MS Word and Excel (Intermediate level)
- Epicor or other finance system experience would be nice, but definitely NOT essential
- Competitive basic salary
- Full on-boarding and training will be provided
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- This is a Fixed Contract position for 12 months
- Remote working 35 hours (8 – 4 or 9 – 5, which 1 hour lunch)
Please contact for a confidential discussion